Are you looking for the best kitchen shears for your kitchen? Then, you've come to the right place.
This utensil may be overlooked often as an essential item in the kitchen, but when it comes to trimming a chicken or cutting some grilled pork belly, nothing beats a good pair of kitchen shears.
You might think that kitchen shears are for cutting meat alone, but that’s totally the opposite as new models offer a multitude of features, like a bottle opener, nutcracker, and vegetable peeler.
Let’s Check Price Top 5 Kitchen Shears for the money.
The KitchenAid Shears is made from stainless steel blades that are resistant from rust. Every blade features micro-serrations for maximum cutting performance. To add strength and sturdiness, the blades are made extra thick.
The handle is built for comfort and stability as it features a soft-grip coating. Cleaning this on the dishwasher is pretty fine, but hand wash is more recommended. The length of the shears extends to 8 3/4 inches and they can be protected with a plastic blade guard that comes along in the package.
- Nice plastic blade guard for shears protection
- Handle is comfortable and soft to hold
- Stainless steel blades are thick and durable
- Can be used for both hands
- Blades can’t be taken apart for cleaning
- Not sharp enough to cut chicken skin
- May show signs of rust when cleaned in the dishwasher
The Chef Remi kitchen shears is a heavy-duty model that can easily cut meat, poultry, and vegetables without the need of a regular knife and a cutting board. The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel that resists corrosion.
For slip-proof cutting performance, micro-serrations are designed on the edge of the blade.
This pair of shears is also built with a bottle opener near the serrated section. It is even capable of cracking nuts and opening tightly sealed jars. Designed with a comfortable grip for both left and right hands, this pair of shears also comes with a rare 100% money back lifetime guarantee.
- Impressive 100% Money Back Lifetime Guarantee
- Works for both left and right-handed users
- Multifunctional as it can open bottles, jars, and nuts
- Comfortable handles
- Handles are loosely constructed
- The blades don’t separate for easy cleaning, instead, you can hand wash this for long term use
- Not sharp enough for chicken bones
- The coating seems to flake over time
The J. A. Henckels International kitchen shears is built with a micro-serrated blade edge for enhanced cutting performance. The center area between the handle and blade can allow you to open bottle caps. The serrated area between the handle serves as a nutcracker or screw cap opener.
The blade is made of stainless steel which resists stain and rust. This product comes with a lifetime limited warranty for defect coverage. You can clean this in the dishwasher, but hand washing is more recommended.
- Fits for left and right-handed people
- Multifunctional and solidly built
- Comes with a great lifetime limited warranty for easy fixes
- Blades cuts very well
- The blades tend to rust easily
- Blades don’t come apart for cleaning
- Hand fit is a bit awkward and uncomfortable
The Artful Homemaker kitchen shears is an 8-in-1 multipurpose utensil that can work as fruit and vegetable peeler, screwdriver, nut and shell cracker, cheese grater, bottle opener, serrated or straight knife, and a bottle opener.
The stainless steel blades are razor sharp to cut meat, poultry, and chicken. Best of all, you can take apart the blades for easy cleanup.
For convenient storage, it comes with a magnetic storage case. This also comes with a lifetime warranty to cover any defects for your shears. If you’re not satisfied with this product, the manufacturer offers a 100% refund.
- The most multifunctional shears reviewed in this batch
- Great lifetime warranty and 100% refund
- Easy to reach magnetic storage case
- Blades can be taken apart for easy cleanup
- Razor sharp stainless blades
- Non-slip comfortable handles for left and right-handed users
- Lacks a user manual to learn the multiple functions of the shears
- The thumb hole may be too small for large hands
- May be difficult to cut on thin materials
The Wusthof 5558-1 kitchen shears can suit both left and right handed users. The blades can come apart for easy sanitation and resharpening. The serrated area at the center of handle serves as an opener for jars and bottles.
The high-carbon stainless steel blades are so sharp that they can cut flowers, meat, and even carpet. One blade is built with serrations to take a firm on slippery materials.
- Easy to clean as the blades can come apart
- Multipurpose and durable
- Easy to use
- Serrated edge cuts very well
- The shears need a lock button to prevent it from coming apart frequently
- The handle may hurt your fingers
- The most expensive shears reviewed in this batch
- May develop some rust spots after cleaning in a dishwasher
All of the five kitchen shears reviewed above are great options for your kitchen needs, but the Artful Homemaker Kitchen Shears is the best among the bunch.
This is because it meets almost all the good features that you should look for, like taking apart the blades, multiple functions, serrated edge, great warranty, and ambidextrous design.
What To Look For In A Good Pair Of Kitchen Shears
1. Comfortable Handle
A good kitchen shear should have a comfortable handle that is easy to grip. Make sure that it fits snugly on your working hand. To ensure maximum comfort, examine whether the handle has rounded edges. Synthetic or rubber grips are also great to prevent your hands from slipping when they get wet.
The best kitchen shears should not be limited to cutting meat and vegetables alone. It should also be able to do other special tasks for multifunctionality. Most models have built-in bottle openers designed at the center area.
Other models even go as far as being a screwdriver and a vegetable peeler at the same time. Before you get confused with the deluge of features offered by a product, make sure that you really need to use those functions.
3. Durable Construction
High-quality shears have stainless steel blades that don’t rust and corrode. The blades should be hefty to add strength and stability. You can tell that a product is durable if its manufacturer is confident to offer a lifetime warranty and a money-back guarantee.
4. Take Apart Blades
For easy cleanup, it is advisable to look for a feature that allows you take apart the blades. This feature is important because the far-to-reach food particles that remain in the blades might breed bacteria. This can also make the sharpening easier as you can pass the whole blade into the sharpening stone.
To prolong the life of your shears, it is important that you can get it fixed without a service fee. Some models offer a short year warranty while others are generous of offering a lifetime warranty. This feature comes in handy when you get your shears broken as you can get it fixed instead of buying a new one.
6. Serrated Blades
For maximum cutting performance, look for shears that feature serrations on their blades. The serrations help grip the blades to what you’re cutting, making it glide effortlessly. As a result, you get to cut your slippery bones and meat with so much precision and ease.
7. Ambidextrous Design
The best shears should cater to both left-handed and right-handed users. Most models design their shears for right-handed people. If you’re left-handed, make sure that you check this feature very well so you can use the shears with no problem.